Aamir Khan’s “Secret Superstar” – Advait Chandan
Aamir Khan’s upcoming productions “Secret Superstar” has been directed by Advait Chandan. Aamir Khan has been working on this project with Advait for quit some time. The trailer of “Secret Superstar” was launched during the screening of Aamir Khan’s super hit movie “Dangal” that broke all records at the box office.
From assisting Prahlad Kakkar in his ad campaigns, to working as assistant production manager for the film “Taare Zameen Par”, Advait Chandan has covered a long journey since then. Aamir believing in his potential has given him once in a lifetime opportunity to direct under his production house. His directorial debut “Secret Superstar” stars Aamir Khan and Zaira Wasim. Aamir Khan does not need any introduction and Zaira Wasim’s work was highly appreciated in her debut film “Dangal” which was also Aamir Khan Production.
Some of the lesser known facts about Advat Chandan are –
· He was the third AD (Assistant Director) in Reema Kagti’s film “Honeymoon Travels”, enlisting the secondary cast, taking care of the background act, helping the main actors with their lines and essentially doing all the odd jobs.
· He was AD to Dutch director Diederick Vanrooijen for a Dutch film based on Bollywood.
· He was the first AD to an Austrian ad filmmaker Marco Kalantari.
· He was one of the Casting directors, AD and post production supervisor for Aamir Khan productions “Dhobi Ghat”
· He has also been part of more than 20 commercials, assisting ad world giants such as Rakesh Omprakash Mehra, Sujit Sarkar and Rajesh Sathi
· He has also worked with Farhan Akhtar on a short film “Positive” on AIDS awareness
Advait enjoyed working with Farhan Akhtar, who just like Aamir Khan is very methodical and organized. On the other hand Prahlad Kakkar firmly believes in spontaneity and does not promote scripts on the sets. Everything is planned on the spot when working with Kakkar and most of the things are pre-planned when working with Aamir. These two varying styles of work have taught Advait a lot and he uses this to his own advantage. He mentions that “Aamir never looses his cool on the sets”, which helped him deliver without any fear.
“Secret Superstar” being his directorial debut we sure hope to see a fresh approach from this first time director. Working under Aamir’s wing there would certainly be something exciting to see. Wishing Advait and Aamir along with Zara Wasim best of luck for “Secret Superstar”